The CEI Fellowship for Writers in Residence is an award aimed at encouraging cross-border cooperation and promotion in the field of literature for young writers from Central European countries not yet part of the European Union. The fellowship is endowed with a cash award of EUR 5,000 for a three-month stay in any of the Central European Initiative Member States, selected by the candidate. The fellowship winner will be guest of the 34th Vilenica International Literary Festival which will take place from 10 to 15 September 2019 at various locations in Slovenia. The fellowship winner will be officially announced at the press conference at the end of August, and fellowship will be awarded to him or her at the festival. The candidate is eligible for the fellowship from 13 September 2019 until 13 September 2020. Within 60 days after completion of the residency, the candidate must submit a written report.
Conditions of entry
Applicants eligible for the fellowship are writers from all genres under 35 (born after 1984 – from 1 January 1985 onwards) from CEI Member States, which are not part of the European Union (Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine).
The application must include the following obligatory enclosures:
- A filled in registration form (find attached).
- A biography of the applicant in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces).
- Copy of a valid ID or passport with the visible date and place of birth, and the citizenship of the applicant.
- A bibliography of the applicant in English (max. 3600 characters without spaces).
- A description in English of the project to be undertaken during the three-month residence (2000 – 4500 characters without spaces). The project must be a literary work (all genres and themes), not a research project.
- Scan of original signed letter of recommendation in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces, letters without the original signature will not be considered).
Incomplete entries will not be considered.
Applications must be sent to the following e-mail address: info(at)vilenica.si